A Morning Aria

Dear Mum,
This morning Deanne’s Aunty Ronda came over to visit. She bought her granddaughter Aria with her, to play with Joshua. Aria is only three but they played pretty well together.
We popped to the shops in the afternoon to try and get some sticky labels in preparation for the move. We also stopped for a quick drink, hot chocolate for Deanne, babychino for Josh and I had a nutty, creamy hot chocolate myself.
We popped to Julie’s house for a bit, then home again to watch Ice Age 4, which we recorded last weekend and hadn’t had the chance to see yet. It was quite good and Joshua really enjoyed it.
Made baked potatoes for tea, using Dave and Emma’s recipe of rubbing a bit of oil and salt in before baking them. It makes the skins really crispy and tasty. Especially because I used some oil from sun dried tomatoes!
Josh actually slept in our bed last night, because when we went to check on him at about 10pm he was boiling hot and sweaty. We got him changed then carried him through, thankfully by the morning he was okay and, in fact, I don’t think he felt at all ill. But we did it just to be on the safe side. The way his appetite is at the moment I think he might just be growing!
Seeing Bob in the morning to try and fix his phone, which is playing up. Other than that nothing planned so far.


About Dan Ladle

Part Man, Part Machine, All Diabetic. 1 Wife, 1 Son, 1 Daughter, 1 Cat, 1 Insulin Pump, Type 1 Diabetic, Writer, Musician, Web-Monkey, Idiot. View all posts by Dan Ladle

One response to “A Morning Aria

  • Mum

    Hi Dan Your day sounded a bit like ours – well the baked potato bit anyway!!! (I brush oil onto the potato – but don’t do the salt – will try that next time. We had ours with tinned tuna and salad. The usual yogurt for afters. The lunchtime nibbles at Druce Farm were interesting, various concoctions on tiny pieces of bread etc. Dad and I had a sandwich before we went, then afterwards went to friends Len and Pam’s house in Lytchett Matravers for a coffee and piece of home-made carrot cake – yummy!!! When we got home, I washed a bit of pot, it was warm enough to do it in the garden. I’m trying to get as much done as possible before the Brazil Ladles arrive on Wednesday. I will be working Thursday and Friday but I am closing the site down the following week. Then it will be the big push to complete. I have to go up tomorrow morning as I have a group booked for a tour. The site looks good at the moment , very professional. We are expecting the ‘greatest and best’ archaeologist who is visiting on Tuesday so all the stops have been pulled out to make the excavations look good. The current main problem is weeds – since it has rained they are absolutely everywhere. Dad spent all Friday weeding for me. I have to prepare a talk for next Saturday (Wallingford) – tricky to compress three years work into half and hour!!! Dr Who is on at 7.30 – how much can I do before then? lots of love, mum xxxx

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: